Having the Spirit, AGAIN.
I did this before, I'm posting it again.. I did not compose it myself, got it off email (and later found out the original source, thanx to Emigre here and a Mr. CharlesWT) so like, Its not my b**ching, this time it doesn't count! (and please go visit the source, very amusing, very good!)
Christmas wishes from Iraq....
What is the typical Iraqi Christmas wish list (I won't list 'peace', 'security' and 'freedom' - Christmas miracles are exclusive to Charles Dickens), let's see:
1. 20 liters of gasoline
2. A cylinder of gas for cooking
3. Kerosene for the heaters
4. Those expensive blast-proof windows
5. Landmine detectors
6. Running water
7. Thuraya satellite phones (the mobile phone services are really, really bad of late)
8. Portable diesel generators (for the whole family to enjoy!)
9. Coleman rechargeable flashlight with extra batteries (you can never go wrong with a fancy flashlight)
10. Scented candles (it shows you care- but you're also practical)
When Santa delivers please make sure he is wearing a bullet-proof vest and helmet. He should also politely ring the doorbell or knock, as a more subtle entry might bring him face to face with an AK-47. With the current fuel shortage, reindeer and a sleigh are highly practical - but Rudolph should be left behind as the flashing red nose might create a bomb scare (we're all a little jumpy lately).
See ya next year, thanx for the holler!