Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Having the Spirit, AGAIN.

I did this before, I'm posting it again.. I did not compose it myself, got it off email (and later found out the original source, thanx to Emigre here and a Mr. CharlesWT) so like, Its not my b**ching, this time it doesn't count! (and please go visit the source, very amusing, very good!)

Christmas wishes from Iraq....
====
What is the typical Iraqi Christmas wish list (I won't list 'peace', 'security' and 'freedom' - Christmas miracles are exclusive to Charles Dickens), let's see:

1. 20 liters of gasoline
2. A cylinder of gas for cooking
3. Kerosene for the heaters
4. Those expensive blast-proof windows
5. Landmine detectors
6. Running water
7. Thuraya satellite phones (the mobile phone services are really, really bad of late)
8. Portable diesel generators (for the whole family to enjoy!)
9. Coleman rechargeable flashlight with extra batteries (you can never go wrong with a fancy flashlight)
10. Scented candles (it shows you care- but you're also practical)

When Santa delivers please make sure he is wearing a bullet-proof vest and helmet. He should also politely ring the doorbell or knock, as a more subtle entry might bring him face to face with an AK-47. With the current fuel shortage, reindeer and a sleigh are highly practical - but Rudolph should be left behind as the flashing red nose might create a bomb scare (we're all a little jumpy lately).
===

See ya next year, thanx for the holler!

5 Comments

#12/28/2004 02:21:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Khalid

Hehe:)))
you forgot one thing actually, let santa bring few guards to watch his cart and the Ranna ghazals, after all they dont need gas or maintanance, which makes stealing them a very attempting idea:))
guys, i am alive, but studying, i didnt have the chance to read the comments on my last post, but basing on emigre's post about the comments, i think that i am glad i didnt:))
see you all around, pray for me! exams never end!
:)
me*

 
#12/29/2004 05:46:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger CharlesWT

The Source? :)

 
#12/30/2004 02:27:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Khalid

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
#12/31/2004 04:48:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger A. Damluji

Steal?? STEAL?? ARGH!
HEY, I WROTE THAT IT WAS NOT MINE, I GOT IT OFF MY EMAIL! And when I came back online and saw the remarks, I corrected it immediately adding credit to the original blogger which I didnt have the pleasure (believe me, it really is!) of knowing!
Now next time pls before sniping accusations at this poor soul, pls note that we are all human beings and that we are not, repeat NOT infallible!

thanx anyway friend, and pls, I'm open to remarks and comments, not accusations!

happy 05!
see ya.

 
#12/31/2004 10:06:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Khalid

hehehehe:)))
soooo sooorrry...i was reeeally irritated because of somethign only emigre knows about, got nothign to do with you, please please pelase pelase please forgive me..i am soorrrryyy..sooorrrryyyyyyyy walllahi soooorrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy:))))))
me*)
ps: i mean really really soorrryy:)
ps2: come on, you really dont know riverbend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter