Sunday, March 06, 2005

A Family from Mosul

We made a family blog for the whole family so that mom can blog with us.. She says we don't give her enough time to write, I think she's too afraid of the reactions.. I shall warn you not to write harsh comments, I don't think anyone will like it, especially mom. I invited her to Gmail and she has her own e-mail account now.

All the family will be blogging in the new one, temporarily until mom gets used to blogging, and maybe then, she and dad will be blogging there.. I'm a little bit afraid of the comments' section there, it's on. It'll be a trial for me to know what will happen if I put it back here..

I also am talking my oldest cousin in Mosul into starting his own blog.. He seems to like the idea, I think he'll start one as soon as he can. You won't get bored of seeing more of my family blogging, because each one has his own perspective of what's going on.

Okay, enough staring at the monitor, I can't think of anything else to write but this little joke that only Iraqis will understand.. It actually is an SMS I received from my aunt, I liked it ALOT.

When you are alone, when you feel cold, when you are in darkness.. I will come on a white horse, under your window and say: "Kaaaaaz... kaaaaaaz...".

Little notes for non-Iraqis: Kaz is what you call kerosene, and those who sell it shout at the top of their voices while passing through the streets, on a horse dragging a cart: Kaaaaaas.

New Today; 1
Total; 106

12 Comments

#3/06/2005 09:31:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

what is a while horse? is that the name of some kind of arab horse?

Mike

 
#3/06/2005 10:00:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Khalid

hehehe, this is very funny:)
i mean the joke.
mark: she meant a "white" house, i am glad now i discovered i am not the only one with typos around;)
btw, isnt there any kind of copy rights or trade mark or something for the idea of blogging families?
hehehe;)
khalid*

 
#3/06/2005 11:32:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

im pretty sure the comment was about a white horse, not a while horse or white house.....but i could be wrong. i didnt get the joke. i mean, i understand it but it didnt seem THAT funny. i guess if i were an iraqi i'd be laughing for hrs.

Mike

 
#3/07/2005 01:35:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Good on mum. Hope you kids & dad give her plenty of time to write by helping out with household stuff... bet she has a lot to say. Don't worry about trash commenting, we all know it's mostly rubbish anyway.

Speaking of, looks like I have some more "trash" to clean up here too - will do when I get another minute.

Take care and stay strong !

(Oh hey, and your aunt sounds like a real princess in shining armour ;)

 
#3/07/2005 09:57:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Najma

Oops, two mistakes! It's a WHILTE horse.. And it's kerosene not Gasoline.

 
#3/07/2005 10:39:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

Zeyad just announced that he quit blogging. But at least there are new Iraqi bloggers popping up every now and then!

 
#3/08/2005 01:20:00 am Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

ok thanks najma, but back to my first question....what is a WHILTE horse? is this some kind of arab or iraqi horse that isnt in America? i never heard of this animal, so could you let me in on what exactly it is? thanks

Mike

 
#3/08/2005 02:14:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Mike

As I understand it, a Whilte Horse is noble, wildt and free, galloting across the plains to assist motorists in diltress and to light the latterns of late knight blogging printcesses.

I have never seen one, but I have heard they are handsum creatures and full of gratce. They are a little unconventionalt and always wellcome.

 
#3/08/2005 03:05:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Najma

:(( What's happening to me? Or is it the keyboard?

I corrected it in the post, it says HORSE.. Sorry, my fault.

Still not funny? That's because you haven't experienced it.

 
#3/08/2005 08:00:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

wow emigre, you helped a lot of the confusion by using words like wildt, galloting, diltress, printcesses, gratce, unconventionalt, and wellcome. i thought you were an aussi and english was your first language? i know aussis use more british english and spell things differently than americans, but i dont think its that far off. i think i understand what najma was trying to say though, it just took me a while to understand everyone. when im discussing things with a foreign person in english i dont always know if they made a mistake or are just talking about something i have never heard of before, so i just wanted to check.

Mike

 
#3/09/2005 06:45:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

praktike

How come you have your blogger profile switched off? A lot of people turn theirs on so that they can share a bit of an "about self" with others.

I am sure there are many bloggers as curious as me to learn more about you. You seem to spend a lot of time reading blogs! Do you have a blog of your own?

 
#3/09/2005 03:06:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Najma

Praktike,

I have her in my list, the ninth, check my links..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter