I used to count just blogs, a fairly harmless exercise in optimism. But one which has left me feeling the scales are a little unbalanced. So, with an the absence of new blogs to count, I decided to try something new today. This is a personal decision, not expecting anyone else to follow suit.
And before my detractors start calling for the kerosene and kindling, I am going to count a variety of things.
Beginning now (in no particular order) ~
- Seats for women in Iraq's parliament; 33.3 % (easily outvoteable, Juan Cole has details, read right through).
- Internally displaced persons and refugees in Iraq; 1.4 million (Anthony G Brown scroll to 10/02/04 open letter)
- Iraq Body Count running total; min 16121, max 18393 (here)
- US Coalition Body Count; running total 1493; in Feb; 53 (here)
- Number of troops the Ukraine plans to pull out of Iraq; 1,650 (here)
- Number of troops Australia might be sending to Iraq; 450 (here)
- Blogs counted this month; 3
- number of times emigre has said to herself "one day we will do away with war"; countless.