Sunday, November 13, 2005

Emigre on strike

Well, this is it. I am so over war that I am going on strike.

I am tired of all the sh*t stirring, online and off. I am tired of all the provocation, online and off. I am tired of all the pitting of factions against one another, online and off. I am tired of intervening "un-named" parties, online and off. I am tired of my blood and my history which I can't change, online and off. I am tired of watching the blame game, all over the place. I am tired of the Americans who bawl "you hate us for being US" and I am tired of anyone else who bawls "you hate me because you are racist" (like as if - color on the web? Only in rainbows thanks).

I am tired of all of life. I am tired of being shat on by right wing factions for mentioning how very much western constitutional tweakings and terror laws, and wars, remind me of Adolf. And I am tired of being shat on by left wing factions whenever I draw a parallel between the forged protocols of Zion and anti-Zionist hysteria now. Whoever wants to shit on me for comparing fear of Judaism last century to fear of Islam this century - take your pick. Or maybe you can do your business in turns.

I am tired of reading and watching news footage of other people in other places dying horribly, and I am tired of reading and watching news footage of other people ignoring other people in other places dying horribly. I am tired of the coverups. I am tired of the lies. I am tired of the charlatans who claim to tell the truth and I am tired of the real truth hanging over my head like Louison's blade.

I am tired of my government. I am tired of yours.

There are 173 blogs in the blogrole and several other bloggers with access to this blog. Carry it on if you like, after this post I am removing myself.

See you when the war is over.

Oh, one last thing, half the blogs in the blogrole - I don't know whose they are - some American who likes causing trouble and has been getting away with manipulating the truth for way too long. You just threw a wobbly at the wrong person once too often, anonymous.

13 Comments

#11/13/2005 06:33:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger A. Damluji

hey hey lady Em please easy!

I know its nearly (if not truly) impossible to deal with all the crap that's flying around, i understand a bit of what you feel..

Em, you are the centre of the iraqi blogosphere, the big kahuna, we all come HERE to check up on news and stuff, we love it here!

I'm afraid that by giving in, you'll simply be fulfilling "their" wishes..

I see you've enabled moderation, good move (for this blog!)

chill out now, take a deep breath, easy! ur not thinking of giving up on poor ol' us here?

:D I hope (truly) that this is just a simple setback, and that you'll change ur mind! (please please?)

Lady Em, smile now, and ignore all the bad words..sticks and stones, Em, sticks and stones..


Salam, friend, I hope you're feeling better by now!

 
#11/13/2005 11:53:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Hassan

Whoa Emigre take it easy,

There 137 iraqi bloggers in the sphere, yes that is right. But how many Emigre's are out there. I think there is only one. No one of us can do the things you do for the Iraqi bloggers.

Please come back.
:((

 
#11/14/2005 05:38:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Dancewater

I hope you change your mind and continue posting.

 
#11/14/2005 09:30:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Bruno

I agree with A13. You are what I term a "node" ... in other words, a hub from which other people branch out from. In this case you are the most important node in the Iraqi blogosphere, with the most comprehensive listing of blogs anywhere.

I can understand the burn out, to some degree. The constant anger at every new sordid revelation is not good for one's psyche. I feel it too.

But if it's the trolling that's getting you down, then I don't understand. Come on, Emigre, you are by far the intellectual superior of these snotty brats that try to ruin your day. I can't believe that their infantile taunts could possibly get to you.

Just BAN the rats and get on with your life. Free speech yes. If it serves a purpouse. After that, the big stick.

 
#11/14/2005 08:16:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger ihath

Be well and prosper Emigre. I wish you all the best.

 
#11/15/2005 04:37:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger CharlesWT

Hassan: "There 137 [173] iraqi bloggers in the sphere, yes that is right. But how many Emigre's are out there. I think there is only one. No one of us can do the things you do for the Iraqi bloggers."

174 if I was there keeps posting.

Perhaps Emigre should take a break from all of this and spend some time in Alice Springs sharing beer and pizza with the locals. :)

 
#11/16/2005 02:12:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Khalid

wait wait wait..
who said that you can stop blogging?
come back!! he come backk!
if it wasnt for you we (iraqi bloggers) wouldnt have known each other!
i knew my dear friend 13 because of you!
if you dont come back to blogging i will call for a public blogging strike and i will start with it myself, i thought of starting it imediately then i thought that you need to rest a bit.
so guys, set a date, when if emigre doesnt blog, we stop blogging till she comes back and post somet lovely posts again!
khalid*

 
#11/16/2005 04:25:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger cile

well well, khalid. can you read my mind? this was exactly what i was thinking today, a general all-iraqi-blog&co strike. maybe good to do it in the week of the WSIS in Tunis. I mean: that is quick, next week. (ehh?) this could give another message at the same time; that all your blogged information from and about iraq - gathered and written within the known difficulties - is of growing importance. emigre in this is an important, sympathetic hub. i am in.

 
#11/16/2005 09:55:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Bruno

But Khalid, you never blog anyway ... ;)

(Yeah, yeah, I know I have a blog TOO but that there's only 1 post on it ... the first one ...)

I'm hoping that E is just suffering from a mild case of burn out and not severe trollitis. In which case, she'll be back.

Emigre, if you read this: we DO appreciate and read your posts, even if we don't comment much.

 
#11/16/2005 09:57:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Abu Khaleel

?migré,

I know how you feel.
Do take a break.
I hope you will be back.

No, I know that you will be back.
What you have been doing is too valuable to drop.

 
#11/17/2005 10:44:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger CharlesWT

Another blogger with two blogs...

My Letters To America

HOW TO DESERVE IT?

 
#11/18/2005 10:05:00 am Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

Assalamu 'alaykum sis emigre.
Whats up man? You stopped blogging? Take a break, and InshaAllah you should be fine! I know what its like. Sometimes it seems like too much, but at times like that we've got to look at people who are in a far worse situation than us. That way it'll make us Thank Allah and not give up.

If you don't get back to blogging, then Like Bro Khalid said, We all need to go on Strike! Then the blogging could collapse. Lol, ok maybe not but we've got to keep things going innnit?

Take Care.
Fi Amaanillah
Yas ©

 
#11/19/2005 08:25:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

*sorry, I meant the blogging economy could collapse!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter