Saturday, July 16, 2005

Unafraid blogger offers self in exchange for Iraqi Prisoner

It's amazing isn't it. Hundreds and hundreds of blogs. Perhaps millions and millions of blogs. Certainly thousands and thousands of blogs. A lot of bloggers anyway, all sitting on their hands, waiting nervously, quietly, to hear news from certain places.

I only can guess the silence surrounding Khalid's arrest may stem from fear of association. It is not much different from days of old really is it. Somebody disappears and nobody else wants to know.

What kind of democracy is it when people behave exactly as they might under a dictatorship.

In any case, being a fearless blogger I have a proposition to make. Guessing my exact location is probably known by now. By whoever possesses Khalid's hard-drive. Or ought I publish my home address, just to verify, and a pick-up time? It would really be no trouble and I don't mind being deported. My ancestors were used to keeping a bag packed "just in case" and, having inherited the habit, I'm all ready.

I offer myself, in exchange, publicly, for Khalid Jarrar.

Yours in chivalry,

emigre.

3 Comments

#7/16/2005 06:21:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger cile

emigre, i am with you in this! ;))
ceciel

 
#7/16/2005 09:41:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Mister Ghost

Come on Emigre, this is Khalid's big opportunity to get laid and you want to take it away from him. Whay are you so mean-spirited?

 
#7/16/2005 09:47:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Mister Ghost

But seriously Emigre, don't you think maybe, just maybe, they finally have the goods on the Jarrar Family, and they're using Khalid as a pawn?

After all, the Jarrars, to judge from the pictures that were formerly posted
at their work site and mysteriously came down, hung out with Mrs. Chemical Death (what's her name?) and other heavy duty dirty Baathist types.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter