Thursday, July 14, 2005

WHAT??

Raed in the Middle: "My mom called me today at 7 in the morning, shouting with happiness: 'Khalid is okay!'. Niki and I were the last members of the family to know the 'happy news'. Khalid called my dad from the Iraqi mokhabarat's jail to inform us he was alive; he said he was abducted by the mukhabarat men from his university. My dad called my mom and Majed, and they informed us then."

I'm worried, too worried... God, just let him bsck to us, safely, and soon..

4 Comments

#7/15/2005 04:15:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Groan.

Phaedrus keep him safe.

 
#7/15/2005 05:50:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Dancewater

There is an article on the web today called "Amidst Doubts, CIA Hangs on to Control of Iraqi Intelligence Service" published by Knight Ridder. The mukhabarat's money comes straight from the CIA. I didn't know about all this until today.

This is terrible that Khalid was detained, but I have a feeling he will be released in a few days with no charges. Looks like the break in (that took his hard drive) was really the mukhaberat.

 
#7/15/2005 06:04:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Dancewater

http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/issues/iraq/occupation/2005/0508cia.htm

link to the article

 
#7/15/2005 06:05:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Dancewater

well, that didn't work.

Look under Iraq Coalition Casualties webpage. It is on there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter