Tuesday, September 14, 2004

"There are four"...Un Pont Per Baghdad

I remember before the most recent war began, I had an exchange with one of the still kidnapped Simonas. I do not have the emails with me now, nor do I remember even which one it was...but this has been a difficult thing to see unfold for me because I know how dedicated this organization was to Iraq. There is a new blog, Free Our Friends, that people should check out and offer their support by signing the petition among other things.

Also, at the end of the most recent 'Democracy Now!' show they have an excerpt of an interview with one Simona. Before the interview, though, there is somebody from Un Ponte that says to Amy Goodman..."we want people to remember, there are four". And of course she's referring to the two Iraqis that were kidnapped along with them, Ra'ad Ali Abdul Azziz and Mahnoaz Bassam. There are two real streams, mp3, and transcripts of this highly informative show with Seymor Hersh. If you have the time, check it out and visit Free Our Friends, too.

And again, I think it's important we send regards to Gaith for his unbelievable reporting and for surviving that terrible situation.

My thoughts are now with the people touched viciously by the events earlier today.

1 Comments

#9/16/2004 06:32:00 am Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

”This Iraqi kidnapping has the mark of an undercover police operation…”Who seized Simona Torretta?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter