Sunday, August 15, 2004

An email

Hi, i invite you to read me at my blog, as i discovered that some of you, dear readers, know me from IBC, not from my blog, and for that i thank the great Emigre:)
anyway, my blog is secretsinbaghdad.blogspot.com where you can find more articles, and links to my family members' blogs, mom, raed and majid.
as IBC has a comment section, i thought you would be interested in reading this email that i got.
take care...
me*




Hi Khalid,

Many in America share your anger, but the politics in this country is broken. Have you read about Hitler and the rise of Facism ? Well this is American-style facism, there is no other word for it. Things have been building like this for many years. After getting defeated in Vietnam the U.S. facists climbed into a hole and hid for a while, but now they are back and more organized. They are much more organized then the left is willing to admit. It is frightening.

The main thing about American facism is that violence and murder is projected to other countries, like Iraq right now. They can't do it here YET.. but Bush and his gang want to. They despise democracy, freedom... what they worship is money. It's that simple - money.

Americans have protested this war and occupation in hundreds of ways. But the major media won't cover it, or if they do they label us as "extremists", or call us "anarchists and terrorists". Bush and Kerry ignore the anti-occupation movement..

If a tree falls in a forrest and no one hears it, does it make a sound ?

Peaceful protest is ignored, and so what do people turn to ? Well , it seems many in Iraq have chosen violent resistance - who I am to argue with them ?

I hope you mom feels better, and do what you have to do to protect yourself.

10 Comments

#8/16/2004 12:21:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Jeffrey

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
#8/16/2004 01:52:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Jeffrey

I am sorry to have to keep reminding you, comments containing swearwords will be deleted. If you really must curse you will need to find more creative expressions of feeling then those which you have used here to date.

 
#8/16/2004 02:00:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Jeffrey

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
#8/16/2004 02:06:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Jeffrey

Congratulations to the Iraqi Soccer Team!!!

I watched the whole game here in the States and those were two awesome goals!!

Believe in MIRACLES!!!

Be positive!!

Go for the GOLD!

*

 
#8/16/2004 02:36:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Jeffrey

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
#8/16/2004 08:47:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger julieann

I guess it's the mom in me but I want to kick y'all in the butt. What good is all the fighting back and forth? To the one who decided that America is fascist: Grow up and read your history. To my Iraqi friends: I'm getting sick of the constant whining. You know what? I think we should just leave Iraq and let you see what you would be in for. Y'all can't fend for yourselves, that is painfully obvious. You let an evil, evil man murder thousands of your own people. Maybe we should just give him back to you, since that appears to be what you really want. Jeffrey: it isn't worth it. It just isn't worth it. They want to see us as the evil Americans and nothing is going to change their minds.

 
#8/16/2004 09:11:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger julieann

Khalid: you know what I find very interesting? In all of of our conversations; in all of our emails; you have never once taken the time to consider my side of things. You print letters of people who feed your hatred. I have been open to your views, you KNOW that. I have kept my mind open to the Iraqi side of things. But you won't for a minute open your mind. You see evil in everything; you and your group of email friends who all hate Bush. You have contributed to the amount of hatred coming out of this country, about this country, and it is time you stop! I know of not ONE person here in the states that isn't sympathetic to the lives and welfare of the Iraqi people. NOT ONE! There hasn't been a single protest against Iraq; no signs saying 'kill Iraqis'; not one burning of the Iraqi flag. But you wouldn't know a true international gesture of good will if it came from Mohammed himself. You are consumed with hate as are the rest of your circle. I have sat back and listened to your comments against Bush and his administration long enough. Even though you know I am a supporter I have kept my thoughts to myself most times. But I am not going to anymore. I am sick to death of your attitude. It isn't helping your country any. Why don't you grow up, get out there and DO something for Iraq. Get involved in helping instead of spending your time blogging about how god-awful it is out there. I love ya kid, I really do, but it's time to be candid. I hope this doesn't ruin a friendship, but I have to say that I see you doing more damage than good for your own country, and you are just pulling a lot of your readers down with you. These blogs seems to be a breeding ground for hate. Do you really want to be a part of that? Khalid, I KNOW there is a tender sweet heart within you - please don't let the hate take over. You were there for me when I needed you most, I still have that letter, remember? I read it often. You didn't keep from telling me what you thought I needed to hear, instead of what I wanted to hear. Well, right now I am trying to tell you what you may need to hear; and I know you don't want to hear it. Julie

 
#8/16/2004 03:52:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger khalid jarrar

Hey Emigre, please dont deleted these last comments from Jeff, he is simply showing people what he is really like.
in this blog, IBC, you can find so many pro-american coments, beside the anti-occupation/american comments, he is the only one that you kept removing his comments, the point is that you arent trying to ban any openion, you are trying to ban impoliteness, and i think everyone is with you with that.
me*

 
#8/19/2004 10:14:00 am Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

Love is difficult because love is not....self serving!

 
#8/23/2004 02:13:00 am Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

fun entertainment

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter