Sunday, August 28, 2005

TTLB Iraq blogs

The Truth Laid Bear Iraqi Bloggers Community. At the moment it seems to be a blogfeed type situation, with automatic updates to recent posts from blogs (from or about Iraq) that are part of the larger TTLB ecosystem. So I suppose, if your blog does not appear on the Iraqi Bloggers community page, and you would like it too, all you would probably need to do is go here and submit your Iraq blog url to the TTLB ecosystem and you would probably turn up on the Iraq blogfeed community page - just a guess. Or else drop a note to IB community admin about your blog.

Please don't be put off by TTLB's link ranking system - everyone knows it's rorted anyway (at least that's what all the sitemeter addicts whine about when they have no other scandals to break. Meaning that's what all the warmongers I used to chat to used to grumble about when they weren't grumbling about their spouses or trying to find out what I was wearing. I don't know, do pacifists dress better or something? Maybe it's all that extra time we're meant to have to groom ourselves seeing as we're not wasting precious moments on shopping for ammunition. I suppose this is the sort of carefree and unrepentant humour that made Stephen decide chatting with me was too dangerous).

Other TTLB communities here.

This is what TTLB has to say about setting up communities under his mantle:

I have an idea for a new community; how do I get one set up?

By asking. Just let me know what the purpose of the community is and a few example blogs you would list as members. I reserve the right to decline to host any community, but as long as you aren't doing anything illegal or blatantly offensive, I'll most likely be happy to set you up: the more the merrier.


Basically looks like you can set up anything you like (if there are blogs about it). So say, if you wanted you could have an Iraq emo community, and an Iraq metal community, and an Iraq ambient community, Iraq autumnal community, Iraq mature and jaded community etc etc ad infinitum. Although you might not want to spread yourself too thin on the ground, most of the communities seem pretty new and only have one or zero active members each (with the exception of Gossip Celebrities and Fashion which had four active, The Academy: three active and Raging Rhino's: two active members when I looked just now).

NOTE: NZ Bear is not a New Zealander and not a Bear. He is a man. Nobody knows how hairy he is. The TTLB Iraqi Blogger community is administered by Omar and Mohammed. No I don't know how hairy they are either.

5 Comments

#8/28/2005 02:50:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger liminal

Shouldn't we try to add more Iraqi blogs to the TTLB community?

I was trying to figure out how to add mine, but I couldn't.

Does anybody know how to? Maybe I'm just missing something obvious.

;)

 
#8/29/2005 03:49:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Ok, is your blog part of the wider TTLB ecosystem? If not, there's a link up there in the post somewhere to the place to go to add it. The smaller communities seem to be constructed of already existing TTLB entities.

Or else you could contact the guys (Omar and Mohammed, ITM) administering the community and ask them how it works.

At the moment TTLB's community style seems blog feed-based rather them forum style. Which is perhaps not a bad way to go when you have a small group of diverse opinions - it means a range of postings can be represented without having people virtually at one anothers throats as seems to happen sometimes with direct forum exchange, particularly where politics is concerned.

Anyway, be interesting to see if anything more develops of it.

(And nice to see you out and about again).

 
#8/29/2005 10:39:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger liminal

Hey E,

Yes, I'm a part of the TTLB eS. I just haven't been able to locate where/how I add my blog to the community.

And as you know, I'm all about helping develop these communal-nodal informational vortices. You are too!

The more diverse spread of readers, the better.

I've been chasing my tail while getting a bit ill after returning to civilizado. I guess I wasn't quite ready for the metropolis. Of course, I'm at another one of those points where I have little urge to express much...at a loss for words, u know, but yhea, i'm glad to be back around.

 
#8/30/2005 02:02:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger liminal

I emailed bear, but no reply so far.

So, nobody knows how to add...

kinda odd

 
#8/30/2005 08:30:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Ok, keep us posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter