Thursday, August 18, 2005

New blog plus conversational chat

A citizen asks; "What do you do to have to get a link here?" (more or less word for word but changed a bit). What do you have to do? Well, not much. I'm sorry, I guess that cheapens it a little. But really, all you have to do is wave a link under my nose and if I'm not in a sniffy mood I might publish an excerpt and pathway to the rest of your whatever. You could also wave a link under the nose of anyone else who posts here - but seeing as most of them are busy surviving war it's usually me who ends up publishing stuff as I have such an immense amount of time at my disposal and considerably more reliable connection (barely) then if I were in, say, Baghdad or Mosul.

So, here is the link;

Truth About Iraqis - Introduction

Good day. Allow me to introduce myself. I am a citizen of this green and fertile planet... the link

He does not say much about himself but he certainly has a lot to say about everybody else. Actually, I found it quite refreshing. And to tell the truth (a fashionable thing which everybody seems to like to do these days, but still fairly questionable) I am linking to his (written in lecturely manstyle) passages for no reason other then that today, it is nice to let someone else do the factual unraveling and pointing out of things. Now I don't feel like such a pariah.

Read it all if you want to listen (metaphorical) to another moany charlatan with no name grizzling about the blogosphere. Features special whinges on famous bloggers; River, The Model Brothers, Ays, The Mesopotamian and probably other stuff which I did not deeply read (how liberating to be so shallow). I suppose that must mean the author reads Iraq blogs a lot (I bet it's Juan Cole or some other elitist educator. Not that anyone would want to go making uninformed presumptions).

Minor note; blogger comments used to be spam proof but somebody is trying to create loopholes and advertise stuff. Pay it no notice. I will delete it afterwards - still, am wondering if I leave the "x-box" one up a bit longer might be able to squidge a few extra visits out of google from people who might be looking for "x-boxes". I really should delete it. Nobody would want this site to get slovenly, would they.

Actually, to be perfectly truthful (can never have enough of it) I never really got why people try to get extra visits from adds that are totally unrelated to the rest of the site - it just doesn't make any sense. I'd rather one visitor who actually wants to read or post then 1,000 who are just going to click and ride away again. Maybe that's my monogamous side showing through.

New today: 1
Total: 153

4 Comments

#8/18/2005 11:59:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Welcome to the Liberated and Democratic Iraq

To quote you:

"As always, reserving judgement (in so far as can be expected)."

Guess we now know we can't expect too much, eh?

 
#8/19/2005 04:35:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

And what were you expecting? Something "great" I suppose, youths always do (one presumption I allow myself - perhaps I ought to allow myself more).

Still, refreshing to see myself quoted for a change.

 
#8/19/2005 01:45:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Bruno

Hi Emigre'

I've run into a sub-section on Raed's blog that is not immediately apparent. I hope you don't mind if I post this small bit of spam here - it's an excellent source of information for anybody who wants to learn more of the events in Iraq:

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6654690&postID=112412765662154172

contains posts and links by Sahir.

 
#8/20/2005 05:35:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Fayrouz

Emigre',

Blogger added word verification to the comments section. Check blogger/settings/comments. You need to enable it and republish the blog. Those guys are too fast to fix our problems.

Also, I noticed my almost one year old blog is not listed on IBC blogroll.

I hope the weather is warm in Sydney these days. Well, maybe it's too early for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter