Thursday, November 04, 2004

Seeking ...

Maybe need to start personals feature. Have another request from college student seeking penpal. If anyone is interested in contacting Allison either leave a (named) comment for her here or if you prefer anonymity send an email to iraqblogcount@yahoo.com.au and your address will be forwarded to her.

Here's Allison;

I was searching the internet looking for a way to find an Iraqi penpal and I found your website. I'm a young college student living in Virginia and I'd like to speak with somebody from Iraq. I know that I, or any American for that matter, don't really know what all the facts are about this war and who is right or who is wrong. Even though I can't do much about the war, I want to at least know someone over there and treat them as a friend. I'm sure almost all Iraqis cannot stand Americans but I'd like to know one person from there who knew that we weren't all bad. I also would like to talk to someone about their culture and how they feel about things. Do you think it is possible? Thank you very much.

Allison


She sounds nice, huh ?

5 Comments

#11/05/2004 12:55:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Mister Ghost

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
#11/05/2004 04:47:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Alvaro Frota

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
#11/05/2004 03:53:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Bruno

Mr Ghost, Michael --

Well, gee, given that Mr Frota speaks Portuguese as his mother tongue, I reckon that that was not a bad effort at all. However, in the "spirit" of things, let's try this for size:

Ahem!

"Bush the preznit won the election",
so said a poster named Ghost,
Little knew he about the direction
of which the shrub would soon boast,
(after dodging the same institution)

The draft saw our hero leave America's coast,
to be greeted by the heat of Baghdad,
and in a consequence some would call sad -
a resistance bomb turned our poster to toast.
(thus ends the tale of Ghost.)

But on one thing Mr Ghost is correct: Allison is of a higher class than him, both morally and mentally. The Three Monkeys et al will still have a chance to sample a helping of America's delicious foreign policy ... let us see what song these delusional persons are singing ten years from now.

I pity them.


PS See you all Monday.

 
#11/06/2004 09:11:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Had to clean up comments. How many times do I have to say it; swearing and abuse are inappropriate. If you have a different opinion please try to be civil.

If you would like to continue above discussion please choose another relevant thread.

Mister Ghost your apology is accepted.

 
#11/15/2004 07:41:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger A. Damluji

Hey why should I hate another human being BEFORE knowing him/her?
that is called PREJUDICE.
did I spell that one right?

welcome aboard, Allison.


and THEN SOME

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter