Thursday, October 28, 2004

Laylet il Qadir

I know that most of my Iraqi brothers and sisters are celebrating Ramadan right now. And I was wondering to those of you celebrating on the IBC if you could help me understand more about Laylet il Qadir which is supposed to have happened tonight. Well, on the 27th if I'm not mistaken. (This might post as if it was on the 28th) It was the night the Prophet was first visited by Gabriel. I know this much. But as most of you know by now, I'm Iraqi yet ignorant to many things about Islam. It will also give a chance for us to discuss Islam in this very important time of the year. Again, Happy Ramadan and my best to all of you.

liminal

3 Comments

#10/28/2004 11:16:00 am Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

Dear Liminal,

it's the 27th of Ramadan and not the 27th of October, so there is still some time.
Ramadan Mubarak.

 
#10/28/2004 11:24:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger neurotic_wife

Lim, well they dont know excatly when laylat il qadr is, thats why they presume its the last 10 days of Ramadan. But from some Ahadeeth, it was said that it was either the 23rd or 27th. Although as far as I know its the last 10 days of Ramadan, and one of them will be that beautiful night, where the doors to heaven will be open for you....

Take care

 
#10/28/2004 11:58:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger liminal

Thank you NIW and Anonymous, well...(blushing) now that i've made a complete fool of my self.
that makes sense. why did i think it was on october? oh, my, how ridiculous i am. i apologize for the careless error. i'm famous for making them. now, i'll go get that sleep i wanted so much earlier. i do want to know more. i have a lot of questions, but i'll wait.
Thanks again,
lim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter