Friday, September 03, 2004

Changing my display name

Isn't that great... I became an aunt two days ago, and I liked people calling me Aunt Najma or auntie Najma. So here I am, calling myself aunt Najma...

Just look down there.. See! Posted by Aunt Najma.

Here's a poem by Elya Abu Madhi, I took it from here, and I thought you might like it..
I came not knowing from where, but I came.
And I saw a pathway in front of me, so I walked.
And I will remain walking, whether I want this or not.
How did I come? How did I see my pathway?
I do not know!
Am I new or am I old in this existence?
Am I free and unrestrained, or do I walk in chains?
Do I lead myself in my life, or am I being led?
I wish I know, but…
I do not know!
And my path, oh what is my path? Is it long or is it short?
Am I ascending in it, or am I going down and sinking?
Am I the one who is walking on the road,
or is it the road that is moving?
Or are we both standing, but it is the time that is running?
I do not know!
Before I became a full human, do you see
if I were nothing, impossible? Or do you see that I was something?
Is there an answer to this puzzle, or will it remain eternal?
I do not know ... and why do I not know??
I do not know!
It's much better in Arabic. Do you want it...? I won't write it for you now. I wasn't going to post it but I thought my post will be silly without it... I know, it's still silly.
I'll push publish post... Bye

5 Comments

#9/03/2004 11:04:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger timx

Your post is certainly not silly; and that is a beautiful poem - asking questions that we all ask and always will!

 
#9/04/2004 01:00:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Najma

Timx, you can visit the link and have some information about how Muslims preview the purpose of life...

 
#9/04/2004 04:47:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Hadia ( pseudoname)

ooh, I though, you hate this poem.
جئت لا اعلم من اين ولكني اتيت
ولقد ابصرت قدامي طريقا فمشيت
اين جئت, اين ابصرت طريقي

لست ادري

nice to know you love it... ;-)

 
#9/05/2004 01:57:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Khalid

heyy!! khala najma!!
2alif mabrook o shayfeen kolli ilkher o 2ala ykhallelkom il new baby:) :) :)
mabrook!
me*)

 
#9/05/2004 06:18:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Thank you, and it would be beautiful to see it in Arabic as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter