Sunday, September 05, 2004

Alaskan Seeking Penpal

Sorry, no new blogs to count today but do have an Alaskan seeking penpal;

Dear Iraqi Blog Count

I heard about Iraqi blogs on the radio the other day and was given the address "iraqblogcount.blogspot.com" as a link to your site. I am an American woman living in Alaska and I wanted to know if I would be allowed to interact on your blogs so that I can come to know Iraq and the Iraqi people. I know this must sound stupid but it's the truth. I have been trying very hard to find Iraqi pen-pals (and/or email pals) ever since the war started but without any success. Can you help me? I'll tell you about me so I'm not so mysterious:

I am 29 years old, living in Fairbanks Alaska where I am studying Geology, Italian, and Arabic at the University of Alaska. I have lived in Bahrain where I worked as a helicopter mechanic while serving in the U.S. Navy. I am White and Crow Indian (a plains-indian tribe found in Montana) and Catholic. I have tons of hobbies and interests: horses, exploring the world, weaving, singing opera, playing Celtic fiddle, writing (a favorite!), art, and exploring cultures through music, art, and exchanging letters/emails.

I hope that you won't be offended by this email or by my desire to come to know the Iraqi people on a personal level. I believe that this kind of communication is what is going to erode ignorance and prejudice around the world.

I am not anti-Muslim OR Anti-American. I refrain from bashing and name-calling. I also refrain from immodest dress, immodest music, drinking, smoking, and all the other things both Muslims and Catholics both avoid. So you won't have to worry about me being crude on a blog or in a mail.

Thanks for your time! I hope that you have a good day.
-Michelle Therese White Horse Woman


Dear Michelle

Thank you for your graceful introduction. If only more people who chose to comment on web blogs had such instinctively good sense of etiquette. I am only responsible for Iraq blog Count and myself and cannot speak for any other blogger but as far as i'm concerned you are welcome to comment on Iraq Blog Count.

I hope you don't mind me posting your email here, but as you say you are looking for penpals i thought that maybe Iraq Blog Count could start a penpal service? Of course, i can hold no responsibility for the replies you may or may not receive and suggest you treat any replies as you would from any advertisement placed in any regular newspaper personals column.

Good luck and peace to you (you may need both).

If anyone would like to contact Michelle confidentially just send a short descriptive email with "Penpal" in the subject heading to; iraqblogcount@hotmail.com and Iraq Blog Count will forward it to her.

1 Comments

#9/05/2004 07:51:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger neurotic_wife

Hi Michelle, I think its a great thing that people from all walks of life are interested in Iraq and Iraqis, You sure are more than welcome anytime to send me an email and ask about anything you like....But I hope in the process you wont end up catching my neurosis syndrome lol.

Take care...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter