Thursday, May 05, 2005

And speaking of reality based

I suppose you've all read this really weird post on bbc.co.uk...
When George met Salam

"I know who you are," said Mr Galloway, warily eyeing Mr Pax, whose weblog gave the world an insight into the lives of ordinary Iraqis in the run-up to the US-led invasion...

"You welcomed the invasion of foreign armies into your country. I opposed it. So we are not going to agree on this, which is why I didn't think it would be productive to have a discussion with you and I do have to go now."
Que pasa? But, but, but...
But Mr Pax - whose real name has never been revealed - pressed the point. Galloway: "I just want to be honest with you. You can not demand that our armed forces occupy your country - that's a matter for us.
I suppose it was just all a very strange dream then, where this guy known as Peace Truce wrote about being bombed and how it quite sucked. And then he got famous and hung out with those rebels at the Guardian and sought out peace marches and stuff and was like, totally bent.

Yes, I guess, I had a dream. And now that I am awake, sigh, I am back in Kansas.

4 Comments

#5/05/2005 11:37:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger ihath

Yet another intellectual leftist elitist telling Iraqis what they should think and feel. When the Iraqis are not being bombed by the right wing racists we get the leftist to look down on us .... lucky us!

 
#5/06/2005 06:48:00 am Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

Shut up and do something for yourself, Ihath.

You have become a joke, Em. Pathetically irresponsible and laughable.

 
#5/06/2005 06:56:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

It's just all to surreal for me, I mean isn't Galloway Blair's opponent - isn't he a Tory or something? Isn't he like, an ex-Thatcherite? And wasn't Blair's party supposed to be the moderate working class left alternative, once? Obviously I am not up on Brit-'tics, my UK political general knowledge is kind of based on Sinead O'Connor lyrics.

I expect GAlloway would have gone to war too, if he wasn't competing with Blair and if half the world hadn't complained about the godforsaken mess that bombs make.

And I guess Galloway just doesn't read blogs much - if the bbc has not taken to posting pure fiction I'd say Galloway majorly stuffed up trying to capitalise on an inopportune moment with an evident case of mistaken identity.

 
#5/06/2005 07:02:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Anon,

Leave ihath alone, everyone knows you are really a neo-consurgent trying to cause trouble. Ratcheting up the double-speak is not going to burn up anything other then your space bar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter