Monday, January 17, 2005

Yes, he is my dad

Some thought he was, some were sure, and some didn't notice.. For all of you, he's really my dad!! So, as my friend has said before, now, you have more ways to check if I'm alive :)

I've also received an e-mail from a new Iraqi blogger, he's 46 years old, and he's a writer.. He blogs in Arabic, and this is his blog: A free writer.

I'm writing a post now that I'll post later which will explain why I didn't tell you about dad before.. I'll be in Baghdad tomorrow (God's willing), enjoying my break with the big family.. And in case I didn't have a chance to write, Happy Eid everyone in advance..

Oh, and I want to draw your attention that Harith Kharrufa has decided to delete his blog, he's not writing and he won't! No enough passion in blogging.. Hasan, his brother won't blog too (He's forgotten his password and coulding delete his blog like his brother).. Kais, I'll ask him when I see him in Baghdad.. I just thought I should draw your attention to this, maybe they should be deleted from the list on the right?

New Today: 1
Total: 93

3 Comments

#1/17/2005 09:12:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger A. Damluji

mwa ha ha ha i was the first to take note, as you may have seen on his page!
regards to you and him, salam and have a nice holiday!
i know I WILL!
see ya.
and DON'T DELETE ME! i know i've not written here since forever but PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE Don't delete me!
and then some!

 
#1/18/2005 12:48:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger Rob

I think it would be a very, very bad idea for Iraqis to delete their blogs. Firstly, these people are writing history! These are the first Iraqis to be able to speak freely to other humans across the world without fear of having their tongue cut out. I seriously recommend you speak to these bloggers and insist they do not erase history, truly beautiful history.

 
#1/18/2005 04:41:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Cheers Najma, thanks for the update (and gossip sharing).

RE keeping the blogroll up to date - a timely point for the new year and it has surfaced before, so probably needs addressing.

Firstly, AnaRki13 rest assured ~ I personally would never delete anyone from the blogroll unless they requested it. The historical aspect of old blogs existing beside new ones appeals to me, but I can understand it when someone decides to have a cleanup and removes a site they feel they've moved on from.

Secondly, with the growing number of Iraq blogs, it would be nice to have a more readable up to date directory. There are RSS feeds which individuals can taylor to personally visited blogs, but over and over again I just keep getting this feeling that there needs to be something else - a properly designed site (not that this one's improper at all) with perhaps a forum type feature.

Does anyone else have any ideas/thoughts about this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter