Thursday, December 02, 2004

Tenacity

Every time I get ready to bail, something else turns up, another blog, Khalid posts again, someone asks to be blogrolled, someone's looking for a penpal... something always happens.

So I guess there is a niche this blog is filling, probably accidentally, until something more profound springs up in it's place.

And you know, if I were paranoid, I would say that evidently someone else thinks this site serves a purpose too. Because for the last week I have had severe problems trying to login to post to this particular blog. In spite of the fact that I can post merrily and to my hearts content on all my other insignificant sites, which have nothing to do with Iraq (much). I mean, if I were paranoid I might wonder if perhaps someone were trying to thwart us in covering all the real crucial stuff that needs posting about Iraq. I mean, real nitty gritty contentious material, like, um, penpal emails and stuff. Oh yes, we publish a lot of real top secret stuff here. Like, links to blogs. Lol. Top secret; "Khalid had kit-kats for breakfast again", that kind of thing. You know, the stuff that is a real threat to national security.

Oh yes, the vanguard of resistance is this site. All week long have I been trying to log in to post promised posts - but will the page open? No. Well, as I said if I were paranoid... but thankfully I am a simple soul, a trusting, forgiving, dependable, meek and mellow source, so I simply just keep trying.

Ironically, one of the few times I actually managed to log in here this week was to remove a top-secret message (um, something about chatting up strangers in bars) which we decided compromised our own security code, here at Iraq Blog Count.

Well, at least this time I got past the dashboard to the "create new post" page. Lets see if we can actually publish it now.

We have a saying where I'm from. Actually we have a few, about throwing the baby out with the bathwater, children overboard, so to speak (sorry, local reference, not everyone is gonna get it). So I guess this pixel thin danger is here to stay, a little bit longer anyway, just like the war, which doesn't seem to be going away either.

3 Comments

#12/02/2004 05:50:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger Dilnareen

yeah im having alot of login problems as well, in fact earlier yesterday afternoon i couldn't post a new comment or edit the old ones. The blogger sites usually really busy so its quite normal for it to be down. And this is from someone who has some extreme paranoia moments as well but then i amuse myself thinking what kind of title would they give someone whose job is to not let others post... the THWARTER um blocker?

 
#12/02/2004 07:03:00 pm Assalam Aleikom Blogger emigre

Lol, I know, and the most annoying thing is that when there's really something big going on(like say, an election) everything just seems so chocked up with traffic and sites go down, and browsers act up and ... well, yeah. I think we thwart ourselves as much as anything :)

 
#12/03/2004 10:15:00 am Assalam Aleikom Anonymous Anonymous

Blogger has been having Database access problems lately. The thing to do, before you attempt to post, is to check Blogger Status at:

**http://status.blogger.com/**

I sometimes forget to check BEFORE I try to post an entry and only check when I start experiencing a problem.

Hope this helps.

--button

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter