Sunday, June 27, 2004

Gunner Palace

Mike Tucker documentary update. You may remember me mentioning Mike's documentary, Gunner Palace, before. The Guardian gave it a write up a few days ago. Mike is in the process of looking for a distributor for the film, so keep an eye out for it. In the meantime, here's a link to the Guardian article;

"One distinctive thing about Gunner Palace is that the soldiers speak freely. I had no minder, nobody screened my footage," Tucker said. "I was allowed to do whatever I wanted for two months."

"A lot of soldiers told me that they resented people at home, a lot of the cheerleading going on. War has become a kind of entertainment. One soldier says, at the end of the film, when you get off your couch with your microwave popcorn, you're going to forget about this, but we'll never forget.

"He's not saying whether he's for it or against it. None of the soldiers really did. I think that's the last thing on their minds."

Most, he says, just wanted to go home.


0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter