Monday, July 18, 2005

A Raed post

Another post from Raed, he is fantasising about his child-hood days, and how he hoped for Saddam's fall. He does not seem especially afraid. About much.

I was surprised yesterday while reading this news about Saddam's trial: After more than 19 months in U.S. custody, Saddam Hussein now faces trial for the first time, in a case centering on the killing of 150 people from Dujail, scene of a 1982 assassination attempt against him.

I used to daydream during my high school years in Baghdad about the day that Saddam will fall; it was one of my fantasies. I wanted to know all the secrets behind his irresponsible and aggressive decisions since he came to power in the early eighties.

Read whole thing, all the way to the bottom.

I know a lot of the heavy-weight mega-blogs are sitting on their fingers about this, and rightly so, nobody wants to do anything "rash". with all that power.

Still, as a smaller fish, a quite tiny fish actually, I'm taking my cues from Khalid's friends. And while they're still posting it, I'm still linking it.

Besides, Khalid used to post here. I could hardly sit idly by twiddling my thumbs. Could I now.

Update; also, if anybody is near by Raed could you tell him his template is squished up and looks bit funny. I've heard about reading between the lines before, but half the text is disappearing into the margin. Sorry to be finnikity.

2 Comments

#7/19/2005 08:11:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger nofrills

Dear "emigre" @7/19/2005 02:57:37 AM

I've seen the comment section of his blog and do not believe it's him who's posted the comment.

 
#7/19/2005 10:43:00 am Assalam Aleikom Blogger olivebranch

Anyone able to delete those two posts?
emigre, it is NOT khalid who posted that on his blog.

He has not spoken to his family nor replied to any emails nor used his blog account since the last update.

That is a fake profile, someone make a post about this and put it @ the top so everyone knows.

in prayer for Khalid.

Luke(y) Skinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter