Sunday, April 04, 2004

Karaoke blog war has been declared, and is quietly underway. Don't say i didn't warn you.

Alright, enough with disclaimers. This song was originally banned in the US, but Sarah Jones revolted, took the case to court, and won. Now the song is free to air, not that you'll be hearing it much, these days. Sarah Jone's lyric's reference her contemporaries indiscriminately, her voice expressively dripping with sarcasm and ruthless with disillusionment over the west's later 20th century sexual revolution.

Probably you may need to exercise the subversive cells in your brain to relate this to blog counting.

Your Revolution ~ DJ Vadim feat Sarah Jones 1999

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs
Your revolution will not happen between these thighs
The real revolution ain't about booty size,
The Versaces you buys,
Or the Lexus you drives.
And though we've lost Biggie Smalls,
Baby your
Notorious revolution will never allow you
to 'lace no lyrical douche
In my bush.
Your revolution will not be you killing me softly with fujees
Your revolution ain't gonna knock me up without no ring and produce little future M.C.'s
Because that revolution, will not happen between these thighs.
Your revolution will not find me in the back seat of a jeep with L.L.
Hard as hell,
You know "doing it an' doing an' doing it well",
You know "doing it an' doing it an' doing it well" oh no, u no
Your revolution will not be you smackin' it up, flippin' it or rubbin' it down
Nor will it take you downtown,
For humping around
Because that revolution will not happen between these thighs.
Your revolution will not have me singing "ain't no nigger, like the one I got"
Your revolution will not be you sending me for no drip drip V.D. shot
Your revolution will not involve me "uh' feeling your nature rise"
Or helping you fantasize
Because, that, revolution will, not, happen between these thighs
O no, not between these thighs, o no
My naked brother, your revolution will not make you feel "a' bombastic"
"And really fantastic"
And have you groping in the dark for that rubber wrapped in plastic, a' a'
You will not be touching your lips
To my triple dip
Of french~vanilla butter~pecan chocolate~deluxe
Or having Akinyele dreams, mhm
A six foot blow job machine, mhm
You wanna subjugate your Queen, aha.
Think I'm gonn' put it in my mouth just because you made a few bucks? Please brother, please
Your revolution will not be me tossing my weave
And making me believe
I'm some caviar eating ghetto Mafia clown
Or me giving up my behind
Just so I can get signed
And maybe have somebody else write my rhymes
I'm Sarah Jones, not Foxy Brown
You know I'm Sarah Jones

Your revolution makes me wonder; where could we go,
If we could drop the empty psuedo-props and the ego
We'd revolve back to our roots, use a little common sense,
On a quest to make love, De la soul, no pretense.

But, your revolution will not be you flexing your little sex
And status to express
What you feel

Your revolution
Will not happen between these thighs,
Will not happen between these thighs

Will not be you shaking
And me *yawn* faking,
Between these thighs

Because the real revolution
That's right, I said the real revolution
You know, I'm talking about the revolution

When it comes,

It's gonna
be real
It's gonna
be real
It's gonna
be real

When it finally comes

It's gonna
be real

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Site
Meter